Jali Dining Table - Dining Table Covers.
Jali Dining Table
- (Dining Tables) The first dining tables of which survivors remain are the type known as refectory tables. They are made usually of oak, and one of the earliest, at Penshurst Place in Kent, has a typical thick top of joined planks supported on three separate trestles.
- a table at which meals are served; "he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
- A table is a type of furniture comprising an open, flat surface supported by a base or legs. It may be used to hold articles such as food or papers at a convenient or comfortable height when sitting, and is therefore often used in conjunction with chairs.
- A jali (or jaali, Gujarati ????) is the term for a perforated stone or latticed screen, usually with an ornamental pattern constructed through the use of calligraphy and geometry.
- (Ind.) Lattice; pierced stone screen
- oral historian, musician and storyteller from the Mandinka culture of western Africa; also known as griot
Smythe Sewn the Jali Walls Chishti Lined (Paperblanks: Jali Walls)
"Jali" means net or latticework in Hindustani (a Persian-Arabic script). In its architectural form, jali
describes a perforated stone screen, usually with
an ornamental pattern. Containing minute carved, delicate geometrical and floral designs, these perforated screens were an integral component of Mughal architecture. Constructed primarily using marble or sandstone, their form includes windows, railings, dividers and outer walls, which provided ventilation and screening from light, imbuing their surroundings with
a calm, cool and airy environment. During the day, as sunlight streams through the jali
s, the patterns form magical shadows and reflections that grace the adjacent floors and walls, entrancing and mystifying all who see them. Our Chishti journal cover portrays jali work from the 14th and 15th centuries.
The Jali Walls Chisti journal has a memento accordion pouch at the back to keep all of those loose bits and pieces in one easy-to-access place. Round corners allow the notebook to slip easily into a pocket or bag, and there's a useful ribbon page marker and elastic end-leaf enclosure that add extra convenience.
Greek motif developed to be incorporated into a Dining table.
Jali work on one of the walls of the Sarkhej mosque
jali dining table
Bring elegance and style into your home with
this handcrafted mango wood Jali 4-panel screen. Jali is the intricately carved details that are inset in windows, to give privacy inside, while still allowing for wind to pass through. Product Features: Style: Rustic Primary color: Black Finish: Weathered Room/setting: Den Board type: Free standing Number of panels: Four Material: Wood Screen height: 5 feet Average standing width (as shown in image): 74 inches Flat dimensions: 66 inches high x 88 inches wide x 1.5 inches thick Story Behind the Art:These screens are hand-carved from Mango wood, which is a sustainably grown material. They are carved by hand from the most recent generation of expert carvers in the Thar Desert region of north west India. They are finished with
a white wash, then a burning process that gives them a rustic aged feel, they are finished with a wax process. Handicrafts have transformed this region of India from a military economy to that of an export economy, providing handmade furniture all around the globe.The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.Imported
Related topics: solid wood side tables leather game table chairs corner dining table with bench rectangle table covers kitchen work table wood elegant buffet tables lewis wood end table folding buffet tables
- (月) 19:32:41|
- Category: None